The Best & Quickest Natural Remedies to Remove Dark Circles and Bags Under Your Eyes!
Are you one of those who always have dark circles and bags under your eyes?
Well, puffy eyes can appear because of lack of sleep, fatigue, stress, and other everyday factors.
Over time, the bags under your eyes begin to accumulate fluid and fat, leading to inflammation. This, in turn, makes your dark circles even more noticeable.
Besides these factors, the dark circles under your eyes can appear due to allergy, genetics, or as a side effect of some medications.
If you don’t treat this problem on time, your dark circles and bags will only be removed with the help of small surgery.
Even though there are many commercial skin care products promising to treat this problem effectively, using natural remedies is still the best and safest option.
However, we strongly recommend you to treat this problem with homemade recipes that are completely natural and safe to use. Moreover, they are very easy and simple to prepare.
These natural remedies and treatments are quick and easy, and require only natural ingredients.
Here are some of the most effective ones.
5 Natural Treatments to Remove Dark Circles and Bags Under the Eyes
1. Sweet Potato
The starch in sweet potatoes acts as a bleaching agent. Its high water content helps moisturize the skin and combat inflammation.
Cut potatoes in 1.5 cm thick slices and store them in the fridge for ten minutes. After cooling them, place them on your bags and eyelids and leave them to act for 15 minutes.
This vegetable provides great anti-inflammatory effects. Slice one cucumber in 0.5cm thick pieces and place them over your eyes.
Replace them with new ones once they warm. Repeat this for 15-20 minutes and you’ll soon notice positive results.
3. Green Tea
This tea can help prevent inflammation, fluid retention, and flush toxins out of your body. It’s best to drink two cups a day – one in the morning and another one in the evening.
The best way to use green tea to remove the dark circles under your puffy eyes is to dab 2 tea bags into some hot water. Squeeze the excess water and apply them over your eyes.
4. Cow or Goat’s Milk
Refrigerate the milk and once cool, dab two cotton balls into it. Then, put the cotton balls over your eyes and pouches. Allow them to stay for 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
Put an apple into a ridge, and once cold grate it. Then, mix it with a tablespoon of oats and make a thick paste. Use the paste to cover your eyes and let it stay for 15 minutes. Finally, wash it off with cold water.
Apples contain a substance called tannin which helps balance your skin tone, thus making your dark circles less noticeable.
- Make sure you have a high-quality sleep, as fatigue and tiredness are one of the main causes for the appearance of dark circles and bags under your eyes.
- Avoid consuming excess salt and being physically inactive since they promote water retention.
- Drink at least two liters of water a day. Well-hydrated body has fewer chances of fluid retention, toxin buildup, and formation of dark circles under the eyes.
- Increase the intake of asparagus, green tea, and other diuretic foods.
- Keep your face well moisturized all the time, and protect it from sun exposure.
- Avoid applying too many cosmetics on your face, especially the area around your eyes. Cosmetics can sometimes cause inflammation in this area.
- Stop rubbing your eyes all the time. Many people have this habit which can cause damage and irritation to the delicate tissues in the area around eyes.