5 Amazing Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds for Your Overall Health
Most of us have a tendency to get rid of the pumpkin seeds. Whether we are being unaware of their nutritional composition and benefits, or just lazy to clean and roast them.
Whatever the reason may be, we are making a huge mistake, because these seeds’ benefits are beyond real. In this article, you will discover the benefits of pumpkin seeds as well as how to extract them, so let’s get straight to it!
5 Extraordinary Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
1. Loaded with Magnesium
Magnesium takes part in over 300 biochemical processes essential for proper body function, making it one of the most valuable minerals. Unfortunately, most Americans lack magnesium due to the deficient amounts of the mineral in the Western diets.
The good news is that you need as little as ½ a cup of pumpkin seeds to provide up to 92% of the body’s daily requirements value.
2. Testosterone Booster
Pumpkin seeds are a major source of the vitamins C, D, E, and B, all of which have a crucial part in the libido.
Also, they are loaded with zinc, a mineral widely known to naturally boost testosterone levels. Thereby, making them ideally beneficial for overall sexual health, especially for men.
3. Improve Your Mood and Decrease Hot Flashes
When it comes to mood improvement, pumpkin seeds can be quite effective. Namely, they control the tryptophan levels in the brain.
Tryptophan is an amino acid responsible for the serotonin fabrication in the brain, as well as the biosynthesis of the proteins. On the other hand, the rich content of magnesium controls the body’s temperature balance, thus aiding lessen hot flashes.
4. Improves Your Sleep
As we mentioned earlier, the tryptophan in pumpkin seeds plays a vital role in our sleep cycle, by manufacturing melatonin and serotonin in the brain. Therefore, we can improve our sleep and beat insomnia by consuming pumpkin seeds on a regular basis.
5. Pumpkin Seeds Can Help Ward Cancer Off
Cucurbitacins are elements inside the pumpkin seeds, which are scientifically proven to fight and kill a variety of cancer cells.
- Antioxidant Support: Alpha, Delta & gamma-tocopherol, as well as Alfa & gamma-tocomonoenol, are all forms of the vitamin E (antioxidants) found in pumpkin seeds.
- Mineral Support: Copper, magnesium, manganese, iron, zinc, and phosphorus.
- Antimicrobial Benefits: Pumpkin seeds along with its’ extracts and oils all have strong antiviral, antifungal and antimicrobial abilities.
- The oil of the pumpkin seed has the potential to enhance the insulin regulation in the body, and also to avert adverse effects on the kidneys of diabetics.
Potential Benefits for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia). Studies have discovered that various nutrients in pumpkin seeds positively impact BPH, including lignans, zinc, and phytosterols.